June 7th, 2014 - The Brujos traveled to Garden City, Kansas to play in the Jackalopes invitational 7's tournament.
The day started with a slight overcast after a tornado warning from the night before. The drizzle subsided just before the first match started, but the clouds stuck around for a couple more hours. The sun was not to be hidden all day. After the third match, the tourney was all sunblock and sweat.
The 6 team tournament included the home team, Garden City Jackalopes, as well as Salina Kansas, Wichita Kansas, Ft. Riley Kansas, Kansas State, and the New Mexico Brujos.
Perfect opportunity to get your 7s team ready for summer qualifiers or bring your social 7s team out for a fun day of rugby and Celtic entertainment.
REGISTRATION OPEN SOON.
One of the only tournaments open to both adult and high school teams.
This unique rugby tournament is part of the Rio Grande Celtic Festival’s Scottish Highland Games.
· Lots of activities between games, including the Highland Scottish Athletic Competition.
· Multiple stages featuring Celtic music, piping, and dancing, and plenty of great food.
· Beautiful pitches with views of the Sandia Mountains, plenty of convenient parking, and excellent facilities at Albuquerque’s Balloon Fiesta Park
· Rhino’s Match for the big guys (top 20 players by weight in an exhibition match.)
· Celtic Warrior Women (Costumed women in an exhibition match)
· Reasonable entry fees, good pricing on hotels, and easy place to get to from just about anywhere.
· Beer Garden (21 and over only) at the festival
SPONSORSHIP OPTIONS AVAILABLE
May 17th, 2014 – Adult, High School &Youth